THE BARAMBAH ORGANICS HELL OF THE WEST
HOTW Competitor Categories
The competitor categories are as follows:
- Open/Elite - must hold a pro licence or be able to prove comparable times.
- Age Group - 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
- Teams: Male, Female, Masters 40+ and Mixed
- Clydesdales 90+kg & Athenas 70+kg (weigh in required at registration)
- Minimum age for individuals – 18 years (see terms and conditions for full details)
- Minimum age for Teams - 18 years, however you can apply for permission via email for a team member from 16yrs.
- Age at 31 December 2022
- Pricing and withdrawal details please go to the pricing page.
All our events are governed by Triathlon Australia Policy and Rules. Full details can be accessed here:
Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules
TQ State Series Competitors
- When racing HOTW, to be included in Triathlon Queensland State Series you must be a Standard or Premium member
- Age Groups are the same as above
- HOTW is Triathlon Queensland Long Course Championship event and Gold, Silver and Bronze will be awarded to eligible competitors
- HOTW being a Championship Race, eligible competitors in placing top 10 in their Age Group receive double points
- Click here for more information and FAQ on Triathlon Queensland state series.
Please ensure electronic version or card of TA membership available at event registration if required.
Each team member MUST complete online registration information. If team information online is incomplete, relevant members MUST present at registration to complete the entry before race kit is released.
Friday 24th March
- 2.00 - 6.00pm Race registration at the Goondiwindi Town Park
Saturday 25th March
- 12.00pm - 5.00pm Race registration at the Goondiwindi Town Park
- 5.30pm HOTW RACE BRIEFING in the Town Park (an electronic version will be available)
ON EVENT DAY
- Bike racking is event day only.
- Transition opens at 4.30am Sunday morning
- Athlete Bag Drop at tennis court at exit of transition
- Bike pick up approximately from 11am
- Please check the event schedule for transition opening and race start times
SWIM LEG - 2KM
- This swim leg is a non-wetsuit swim due to water temperatures
- Out and back loop in the McIntyre river
- Town pool will open at 5am for Swim warmup. There is no swim warm up area at the river.
- Wave starts will commence from approximately 6.00am (times to be finalised closer to the event)
CYCLE LEG - 80KM
- Out and back course
- Flat ride on quite country road
- Full aid station at 40km turnaround and water station at 60km
RUN LEG - 20KM
- Three loop course only the banks of the McIntyre River
- Heaps of crowd support
- Aid stations approximately every 1.5km, containing water, ice, coke and sports hydration
CUT OFF TIMES
The below times will apply and competitors will only be allowed to continue if the relevant doctor/official believes he/she can complete course without injury or disruption to race proceedings:
- Swim - 1.15 hour
- Cycle - 3.5 hours
- Run - 2.5hrs
PRESENTATION AND PRIZES
- Prizes will be presented at presentations at approximately 1pm on race day
- Prize money will not be posted or collected by proxy
- Random prize draws will be available at presentations be sure to put your race bib in the random prize draw bin at podium tent
- Further information on prizes go to Awards page
Join the Goondiwindi Triathlon Club for a HELL of a post race party at The Queensland Hotel , affectionally known as the QL, this a great venue to celebrate your achievements with all the athletes and HOTW committee that just experienced the toughest Tri in QLD.
- Great beer garden that is dog friendly
- Selection of craft beers and cocktails
- Awesome buffet for HOTW competitors
- Plenty of music, friendly banter and a few tall tails!!