THE BARAMBAH ORGANICS HELL OF THE WEST
The Festival of Hell is a Covid Safe Event. Please remember that social distancing is in practice - maintain 1.5m minimum distance from person to person at all times.
All our events are governed by Triathlon Australia Policy and Rules. Full details can be accessed here:
Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules
The competitor categories are as follows:
- Open/Elite - must hold a pro licence or gain consent from race organisers (be able to prove comparable times to pro triathletes)
- Age Group - 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
- Teams: Male, Female, Masters 40+ and Mixed
- Clydesdales 90+kg & Athenas 70+kg (weigh in required at registration)
- Minimum age for individuals – 18 years (see terms and conditions for full details)
- Age at 31 December 2021
- Pricing and withdrawal details please go to the pricing page.
Please ensure electronic version or card of TA membership available at event registration if required.
Each team member MUST complete online registration information. If team information online is incomplete, relevant members MUST present at registration to complete the entry before race kit is released.
Friday 4 Feb
- 2.00 - 6.00pm Race registration at the Goondiwindi Town Park
Saturday 5 Feb
- 12.00 noon - 5.00pm Race registration at the Goondiwindi Town Park
- 5.30pm HOTW RACE BRIEFING in the Town Park (an electronic version will be available)
ON EVENT DAY
- Bike racking is event day only. Transition opens at 3.30am Sunday morning
- Please check the event schedule for transition opening and race start times
- This swim leg is a non-wetsuit swim due to water temperatures
- Wave starts will commence from approximately 5.00am (times to be finalised closer to the event)
- Out and back course
- Full aid station at 40km turnaround and water station at 60km
- Three loop course
- Aid stations approximately every 1.5km, containing water, ice, coke and sports hydration
CUT OFF TIMES
The below times will apply and competitors will only be allowed to continue if the relevant doctor/official believes he/she can complete course without injury or disruption to race proceedings:
- Swim - 1.15 hour
- Cycle - 3.5 hours
- Run - 2.5hrs
PRESENTATION AND PRIZES
- Prizes will be presented at presentations at approximately noon on race day
- Prize money will not be posted or collected by proxy
- Random prize draws will be available at presentations be sure to put your race bib in the random prize draw bin at podium tent
- Further information on prizes go to Awards page
Join the Goondiwindi Triathlon Club for a HELL of a post race party at Queensland Hotel - watch this space for more announcements!