HELL OF THE WEST PRESENTATIONS AND PRIZES
Prize money will only be awarded in person at presentation, prize money will not be posted or collected by proxy.
All awards are presented at 1pm on race day.
Male and Female
- 1st Place = $5000
- 2nd Place = $2000
- 3rd Place = $1000
- 4th Place = $500
INDIVIDUAL AGE GROUP
Male and Female for each age category
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Podium medals
- 1st Place will receive free entry into HOTW in following year
Male, Female, Mixed and Masters (+40)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Podium awards
- 1st Place will receive $150
CLYDESDALES (90+kgs) AND ATHENAS (70+kgs)
- Carton of Beer for 1st place only
- Weigh in at registration
NEIL PAGEY AWARD
- Triathlon Club with most HOTW finishers (individual and teams)
- 1st place large clubs will receive 2 cartons of beer
GOONDIWINDI TRI CLUB AWARD
- Triathlon Club with the most “spirit”
- Awarded by Goondiwindi Tri Club President
- 1st Place receives carton of beer
HOTW is TRIATHLON QUEENSLAND LONG COURSE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
TQ State Series Competitors
- To be included in Triathlon Queensland State Series you must be a Standard or Premium Triathlon Queensland member when racing HOTW
- Age Group Categories are the same as above
- HOTW is the Triathlon Queensland Long Course Championship event and Gold, Silver and Bronze will be awarded to eligible competitors
- With HOTW being a Championship Race, eligible competitors placing top 10 in their Age Group receive double points
- Click here for more information and FAQ on Triathlon Queensland state series.
HELL OF THE WEST is a PTO World Rankings Points Event
PTO World Ranking System
The PTO Ranking system was created to identify and rank the world’s greatest triathletes. It measures consistent excellence and determines the year-end bonuses payable to PTO Professionals. This ins’t about favouring any series of races or races in any geographical area, but to measure talent and achievement based on result of the athlete.
The PTO is not financially supporting HOTW but has recognised our race achieves the criteria to be a PTO World Ranking event, which allows professional athletes racing HOTW to secure valuable points that will help progress their professional career.